Mapserver as a WMS client behind a prox y (MS4W)

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Wed Apr 19 09:59:28 EDT 2006

Mapserver WMS client uses curl, and curl listens to the http_proxy
environment variable.

You need to set your http_proxy variable using SetEnv in the httpd.conf and
restart Apache.

SetEnv "http_proxy" "http://myproxy.com"

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens Rahkonen Jukka
Verzonden: woensdag 19 april 2006 15:53
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver as a WMS client behind a
proxy (MS4W)

Hello,

I would like to run my Mapserver as WMS client but I guess I am having
problems in getting through our proxy server. I am using MS4W installation
(1.5.0) on a desktop inside our intranet and so far I have done the
following:

I have commented out these lines from Apache httpd.conf

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so

Then I have added this directive to 'Main' server configuration section of
the httpd.conf:

ProxyRemote * http://proxy.xxx.xx:800

However, I still cannot connect to external WMS services. MapLab application
gives this error message DrawMap: MapServer WMS Error: WMS GetMap request
failed for layer 'ORTO' (Status -7: Failed connect to wms.xxx.xx:80; No
error)

Does anybody have suggestion about what to try next? Proxy address is
correct, I can reach the external WMS service for example through browser,
and mapfile has been tested to be valid in a no-proxy environment.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.