Mapserver as a WMS client behind a proxy (MS4W)

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Wed Apr 19 09:52:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I would like to run my Mapserver as WMS client but I guess I am having problems in getting through our proxy server. I am using MS4W installation (1.5.0) on a desktop inside our intranet and so far I have done the following:

I have commented out these lines from Apache httpd.conf

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so

Then I have added this directive to 'Main' server configuration section of the httpd.conf:

ProxyRemote * http://proxy.xxx.xx:800

However, I still cannot connect to external WMS services. MapLab application gives this error message DrawMap: MapServer WMS Error: WMS GetMap request failed for layer 'ORTO' (Status -7: Failed connect to wms.xxx.xx:80; No error)

Does anybody have suggestion about what to try next? Proxy address is correct, I can reach the external WMS service for example through browser, and mapfile has been tested to be valid in a no-proxy environment.

-Jukka Rahkonen-