problem dynamically creating raster layers

kris rock kris_rock82 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 19 16:52:22 EDT 2006

Hello all, i am trying to add 2 raster layers dynamically from my php-mapscript. The problem i am facing is these rasters layers are displayed on top of the other vector layers which are in the mapfile, but when i add these raster layers in the mapfile they display correctly, i am not sure if i am doing anything wrong, this is my mapscript

  $rasterlayer = ms_newLayerObj($map);
$rasterlayer->set(name,raster1);
$rasterlayer->set(type,MS_LAYER_RASTER);
$rasterlayer->set(status,MS_ON);
  $rasterlayer->set(data,"somepath");
  $rasterlayer = ms_newLayerObj($map);
$rasterlayer->set("name","raster3");
$rasterlayer->set("type",MS_LAYER_RASTER);
$rasterlayer->set("status",MS_ON);
  $rasterlayer->set(data,"somepath");

  //all the vector layers are displayed after this with their properties set

  one more problem i have with this is, i have to create a layer object twice, i give the same name or a different doesnt matter but if i dont create the layer object again it throws an error saying the first raster layer(raster1 in my case) failed to draw ..

  Thanks for your time ....
  --kris