commas in CONNECTION string cause MapServer to fail

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Apr 20 15:53:37 EDT 2006

Mark Adams wrote:
> Frank (and Stephane),
>
> Miraculous! - removing the tablename from the <SrcDataSource> element,
> and referencing the VRT layername in the DATA element, solved the
> problem. Everything else I kept the same.
>
> What I find a bit strange about that is that previously, even if I
> removed the tablename from the <SrcDataSource> element, it would crap
> out on the commas in the <SrcSQL> element. Now it no longer craps out on
> the commas elsewhere in the connection string, and all is fine.
>
> I will look into enhancing the documentation on the web site - can I
> change these documents myself, or should I forward the changes to
> someone else (like yourself)?

Mark,

I believe you can leave a comment at the bottom of any of the documents.
These comments are forwarded to the author and will eventually get
incorporated into the document.  In the meantime folks can see the comment.

Best regards,