Panning tool without Java VM?

Carola Jesch cjesch at CCT.LSU.EDU
Tue Apr 25 08:24:21 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I would like to pan my MapServer image with drag&drop like jbox is doing.
But I have realized that the client has to have Java engine installed on
their machine to use the jbox functionality. I would like to avoid the Java
VM because WinXP doesn't come with a preconfigured Java environment. Is
there another way to create this panning tool (like JavaScript?)

Thanks, Carola