WFS OGR and ORACLE

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Wed Apr 26 01:37:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

unfortunately OGR datasources do not support the case insensitive LIKE
filters.

Access is case-insensitive by itself, and Oracle is not, which explains the
behaviour you encountered.

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens
Sture Dingsøyr
Verzonden: dinsdag 25 april 2006 21:29
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WFS OGR and ORACLE

Hi

Have some layers accessable as WFS layers, using OGR/ODBC. I am fetching the
records from an MS SQLSERVER/ORACLE. The layer is a POINT layer.

Been testing some WFS FILTER expressions using the matchCase='false'
attribute in an PropertyIsLike filter.

When I FILTER a layer from MS SQLSERVER or ACCESS the matchCase='false'
works. I can make a query on a attribute and I get the correct records
regardless if I use upper or lowercase.

But if I try the same filter on a layer from ORACLE the matchCase='false'
does not seem to work..at least my query is case sensitive.

Are there any issues using OGR/ODBC and matchCase='false' in a WFS
PropertyIsLike filter?

Regards

Sture

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.