MapServer with MapInfo (WFS)

Francesco Antognini fantognini at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 28 17:01:47 EDT 2006

Hello
I think I'm stuck on a similar problem and maybe I can give further
information.
I'm basically doing the same thing, testing the WFS service with Mapinfo and
while a GetFeature issued from a browser works fine, the same thing done
from Mapinfo doesn't work. (WMS works fine)

After poking around with various tools, I start to believe this might be a
POST vs. GET issue.
A browser works with GET requests and appends parameters to the URL,
including the vital map path. This works fine.
However MapServer in GetCapabilities advertises the POST services too, and
some clients will indeed send their requests as POST of XML data. Mapinfo
does it for sure.
Now: no matter what workaround I use to bring the map into the request, this
will still appear as an URL parameter, while the rest of the request is
posted as XML.
My feeling is that mapserv.exe gets confused about this and thinks that this
is really a GET request and starts complaining in various ways about lack of
parameters.

If that's the real issue, then I can think of some workarounds. The first
being how to reinject the map into the request without using a URL
parameter. Any idea?

Hope I haven't been too confusing
TIA
F.Antognini