label question

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Fri Aug 4 11:25:42 EDT 2006

Take a look at the MapFile documentation.

In the section on LABEL, you will see an entry for MINDISTANCE.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/label

You specify the minimum distance in pixels between labels for a
particular feature.

Another approach is to use MINFEATURESIZE.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Albert Anderson
	Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 10:17 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] label question

	Hi List,

	 Is there a way to delete duplicate labels when I have the
labels on? Like I have HWY 13 label on and it shows see different times
on the map.  Is there a code that I can put in my map file?  Thanks

	Albert

	Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it
free.
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yah
oo.com/unlimited/>