Java MapScript UnsatisfiedLinkError

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 5 05:19:58 EDT 2006

Ryan,
let's follow this checklist:

1) install a fresh tomcat on a fresh system: fresh means new system,
not the current cleaned up one. In this casesit is always recommended
to start over
2) compile mapserver and java mapscript: post the configure command
and its output
3) copy mapscript.jar in common/lib
4) set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the dir where libmapscript.so is placed
5) run 'ldd -r /path/to/libmapscript.so' and post its output here
6) start tomcat with TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh
7) run your application

If you still have exceptions post the catalina.out log here with the
full stack trace of the exception.

Needless to say the clearer and detailed your error report is the
faster we'll be able to help you fix it.

Umberto