antti siukola siukola.antti at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 7 05:53:56 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm using raster image in ecw format and when loading it from
mapserver I get this error: Warning: [MapServer Error]: drawEPP():
file.ecw is not an EPPL file. After surfing around I found that in
some point mapserver gave this error when ever it was unable to load
an image but can't tell if it's a problem anymore.

I've used two tricks to load it: as a plain ecw and with a tab-file
My map-file looks like this:
with tab:
	LAYER
		NAME "name"
		TYPE RASTER
		STATUS ON
		CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
		CONNECTION "file.TAB"
		STYLEITEM "AUTO"
		CLASS
			NAME "name"
	         END
	END

and as plain ecw:

LAYER
  NAME "name"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  DATA "file.ecw"
  CLASS
    NAME "name"
  END
END

the tab layer doesn't return anything but a blank image and with the
ecw I get that eppl error.

Cheers!

Antti S