Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Aug 7 09:38:48 EDT 2006

antti siukola wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using raster image in ecw format and when loading it from
> mapserver I get this error: Warning: [MapServer Error]: drawEPP():
> file.ecw is not an EPPL file. After surfing around I found that in
> some point mapserver gave this error when ever it was unable to load
> an image but can't tell if it's a problem anymore.
>
> I've used two tricks to load it: as a plain ecw and with a tab-file
> My map-file looks like this:

Antti,

The .tab file aspect definitely won't work with GDAL.  The ECW will if
you have ECW support built in.  Try running gdalinfo against the ecw file
or doing "gdalinfo --format ecw" to check if the ecw driver is available
in your build.  If not, mapserver will fall through to trying the file as
EPPL and give the report you see.

Best regards,