antti siukola siukola.antti at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 8 02:36:08 EDT 2006

Hi!

I compiled ER Mappers ECW SDK and GDAL against it and even re-compiled
MapServer but still get the same error: ecw is not an EPPL file.

$ gdalinfo --format ecw gives me:
Format Details:
  Short Name: ECW
  Long Name: ERMapper Compressed Wavelets
  Extension: ecw
  Help Topic: frmt_ecw.html
  Supports: CreateCopy() - Create dataset by copying another.
  Creation Datatypes: Byte

<CreationOptionList>
  <Option name="TARGET" type="float" description="Compression Percentage"/>
  <Option name="PROJ" type="string" description="ERMapper Projection Name"/>
  <Option name="DATUM" type="string" description="ERMapper Datum Name"/>
  <Option name="LARGE_OK" type="boolean" description="Enable
compressing 500+MB files"/>
</CreationOptionList>

So it should work?

Cheers!