MapServer website : access to documentation pages

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Tue Aug 8 03:02:32 EDT 2006

Le mardi 08 août 2006 à 08:45 +0200, Laurent Jégou a écrit :
> Hello, just a reminder message about the documentation pages of the
> website : they are inaccessibles for many non-english visitors, since
> plone detects the locale of the browser (i imagine), and automatically
> present the part of the website corresponding (which is largely empty in
> french, by example).
>
> If you're looking for french translators, i can help, i've translated a
> good par of the core documentation (mapfiles) for the courses i teach.
> That's pretty annoying to be denied of access to the documentation.
>
> Thanks

Hello Laurent,

I'm the one having translated the front page into french. I wasn't
supposed to translate only that page, leaving the french part of the
website empty ... The problem is that the plone documentation part did
not support translation at this time. I don't know if it's still the
case but the last time i tried (two month ago) it was still not working.
This must be fixed in order to let volunteers like you and me start
translating all the rest of the site.

Didrik