DEM to topographic contour lines

Fri Aug 11 14:25:57 EDT 2006

I think you can do image classification using gdal to render pixels
within a specified range with a specific color, which will simulate a
contour map, but there is no code that I know of that computes contour
lines on the fly. Look at the documentation on raster images, and pixel
classification.

-SteveW