SVG, AJAX & Mapserver

P Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Mon Aug 14 09:07:15 EDT 2006

Not sure what you want to know. They are three distinct technologies,
and yes, it is possible to hook them up together for one tasty treat.
I haven't done so, but the theory would be to have MapServer output
SVG (I believe it can already do so), and build an AJAX-enabled web
app that displays the output. Keep in mind that not all browsers might
be able to display SVG (Firefox is able to).

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.ies.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/