help with cgi mapserver QUERY please

Greg Luker gluker at SCU.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 17 18:06:07 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm using cgi mapserver 4.8.3 (beginner) and I'm trying to do a "relational"
query on a
MySQL database. I have displayed points from a table using the inline
CONNECTION '<OGRVRTDataSource... <SrcSQL>SELECT... command in the .map file,
and I can do a simple query on these points (eg display x, y, id, etc),
but now I want to display all related records from another table.
eg I have a Sites table and a Facilities table in MySQL. The Sites table
contains x,y locations of camping grounds. The Facilities table contains
facilities at each campsite (eg showers, cooking, shelter, etc).
How do I get a list of all facilities at each campsite? Do I use a JOIN in
the OGRVRT SELECT statement? If so, how?

Any help or pointers to where I might find help would be greatly appeciated!

(Sorry if this message appears twice - I messed up when I joined the list!)

Thanks,
Greg Luker.