Using COLORRANGE to display DEM data

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Thu Aug 17 20:06:12 EDT 2006

I'm trying to use the COLORRANGE feature to display DEM data, but I'm
not getting any output from what I'm doing now.  I have a tif with one
band (the elevation) and I'm trying to first split that band into
different classes for elevation ranges then I want to use a color ramp
within each class to get a smooth blue->green->yellow->red sort of
transition.  The first split into classes seems to work -- I can assign
each class a solid color and I'll see that, I just can't get the color
ramp to work within the class.  Here's one of my class definitions:

   CLASS
     EXPRESSION ([pixel] >= 500 AND [pixel] < 1000)
     STYLE
       COLORRANGE 48 255 180 255 255 0
       DATARANGE 500 1000
       RANGEITEM "[pixel]"
     END
   END

Does anybody know what's going wrong here?

--
Jeff Hoffmann
Head Plate Spinner