line, cartoline antialiasing

Volkan Ulukut vulukut at TESCILTURK.COM
Fri Aug 18 01:57:52 EDT 2006

That worked thanks. I wasn't using png24 as outputformat. But now I got a
problem with ka-map and png24.. well that's not the concern of this list
thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Boss [mailto:Ken.Boss at DNR.STATE.MN.US]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:15 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] line, cartoline antialiasing

Volkan--

I don't know anything about cartolines, but for regular line features
you can:

1) use a 24-bit output image type (IMAGEMODE RGB (or RGBA))
2) set TRANSPARENCY ALPHA in the layer using antialiased lines
3) set ANTIALIAS TRUE in the STYLE element of the CLASS with
antialiased lines

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.mapserver.user/19421 for
example mapfile snippets.

HTH,

--Ken

>>> Volkan Ulukut <vulukut at TESCILTURK.COM> 8/17/2006 1:59 AM >>>
Hi List,
I've read about the antialiasing feature for lines but can't seem to
work it
on my mapserver. When I add "antialiasing true" parameter on the style
of
the class of line layer nothing changes it's still having bad sight as
seen
on the attachment
Here is the relevant part of the map file. I've tested with cartoline
symbol
and plain line without any symbol, same result

IMAGETYPE png
SYMBOL
  NAME "cartoline"
  TYPE cartoline
  FILLED TRUE
  LINECAP round #[butt|round|square|triangle]
  LINEJOIN round #[round|miter|bevel]
  LINEJOINMAXSIZE 3
END
LAYER