Manfred Meier m.meier at SPIEKERMANN.DE
Mon Aug 21 03:51:31 EDT 2006

Hi K S,

in short:

- add a form to your html page,
- your action url is a mapserver call with mode=itemquery and you have
to set a qlayer=... and qstring=...,
- I think, that you have to use "QUERYMAP" in the mapfile for a
highlighted feature,
- your template for the query can include an IMG-Tag with mode=map and
mapext=[shpext] to center to the feature,

Look at the appended picture: I have two iframes and a form. When I
enter the name o a polygon in text field then in the main iframe (left)
the shape is hilited and in the right iframe there is shown data from
the dbf-File and a centerd little map.

Just a little test.

Manfred