using OGR to connect MySQL

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Mon Aug 21 08:41:52 EDT 2006

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to connect MySQL database to draw earthquake epicenters on the map
that the data are stored in mysql like

ID, Latitude, Longitude, magnitude
1 30 40 3.5
2 31 41 5.5
.
.
.
I have tried to test ogr with the following command as explaeined in the
Document on Webpages' Mapserver.

ogrinfo /var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf
The agidata.ovf file is as follow.

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="aqidata">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:eqinfo,user=root,password=mysql_123,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=deneme</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT ID,Lat,Lon,Mag FROM deneme</SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="lat" y="lon"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

But I haven't achieved. The following messages is appearing on the screen.

[murat at sakura mapdata]$ ogrinfo /var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf
ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ based GML reader, Xerces support
not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File /var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf appears to be GML but the GML
reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces support wasn't
configured in.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `/var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf' with the following
drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS