convert to Geotiff

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Wed Aug 23 08:17:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

Does gdalinfo show the orientation information, I mean reasonable geographic values for the origo of the image?  If so, then you can define the projection (is you know that) in the layer section of the mapfile.  However, if you miss not only projection but orientation info as well then this will not give you much help.

I suppose your image comes from ERDAS Imagine, and .aux file holds the positioning info.  I don't know if gdal can connect .aux files with corresponding tiff images but perhaps not.  How about converting your tiff to ERDAS Imagine .img format with dgal and see what gdalinfo informs then?

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________

	Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Puolesta K S
	Lähetetty: 23. elokuuta 2006 14:46
	Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Aihe: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] convert to Geotiff

	Hi everyone,
	I use raster data for dislaying a photo.Mapserver dispalys no errors but I can't see the layer containing raster data. By typing gdalinfo I can see that my .tif file contains no info on Projection. Together with the tif file I have two files with the extension .rrd and .aux. Is there ay way to convert this file to GeoTiff containing informations on projection.

	Thanks in advance

	Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!