Mapscript Re-Projection on-the-fly

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Thu Aug 24 01:59:07 EDT 2006

Stefan,

Your question is not entirely clear. You can not re-project an
individual layer on-the-fly, because php_mapscript does not re-write the
dataset (hence its projection will always be the same); you CAN however
change the projection of the map (using setProjection, as you did),
which means all layers in the map get re-projected (the dataset remains
unchanged, though). For this, it is required that your layer has a
projection object with the native projection of that layer. This will
cause the layer to be reprojected along with the map. Is this what you
are trying to do?

You *may* have to save your mapfile, or your session, in order for it to
take effect, depending on your setup.

regards,

Jacob