cgi mapserver query

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Thu Aug 24 08:22:17 EDT 2006

Ah - this is sounding familiar... I believe you need to identify a
primary key for your main table (the one with the latitude/longitude
columns).

You can add
<FID>your_index_column_name</FID>
To your OVF definifition.

Hopefully that will make a difference.
Let us know if it worked.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Luker [mailto:gluker at scu.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:01 PM
To: Pagurek,Debbie [NCR]; MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] cgi mapserver query

Hi,

Thanks for your help Debbie.

Debbie said:
>This is really an SQL question - if you can produce an SQL statement
>that links all of your tables together and view the correct results in
>your query interface (phpmyadmin for example) you should be able to
>just insert that same SQL query in your OVF file.

I have done this before in phpmyadmin and got exactly what I wanted
(main table info and all subordinate tables info). I then duplicated the
SELECT statement in OVF (I use an inline OVF, not an OVF file), and when
I query a point, MapServer returns just the first "combined"
information. I tried nquery, and that returns the first "combined"
record 5 times (there are 5 related records in the subordinate table).

I will study your SELECT statement and see if I can make some changes to
make mine work.

Thanks again for your suggestions Debbie.

Thanks,
Greg Luker.