MapServer 4.10.0-beta1 Released

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu Aug 24 09:53:20 EDT 2006

There was another problem also, PHP Mapscript LD is wrong for OS X.

Just a hack fo now - I just edited the PHP Mapscript makefile after
configure to make LD the same as in an older MapServer (g++ -bundle -
flat_namespace -undefined suppress), and changed all dylib's to so's.

Howard asked about it and moved this thread to the dev list (I don't
subscribe), so he's aware of it and I'm not sure yet if I need to
submit a bug report.

On Aug 24, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Were you taking care of this one as well?
>
> Daniel
>

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Build mostly OK on OS X with my frameworks.
>> I added a few small configure bugs I've been sitting on for a
>> while  (sorry).
>> I also see that the PHP MapScript build changed the library
>> extension  from a fixed .so to . at SO_EXT@.  Well, even on OS X, the
>> default PHP  extension file extension is .so.  It'll load, but
>> it'll existing php  scripts.  For now I'll change it back for my
>> binary distro.
>> On Aug 18, 2006, at 2:31 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Time has come for a MapServer 4.10 release, the development team
>>> has just started the release process and the plan is to have a
>>> final release at the end of September. For those interested the
>>> complete plan is available at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/
>>> development/release_plans/mapserver_4_10/
>>>
>>> It is expected that this will be the last 4.x release and the
>>> next  release should be version 5.0 likely sometimes in the first
>>> months  of 2007.
>>>
>>> Today we are pleased to announce the availability of MapServer
>>> 4.10.0-beta1. The source package can be downloaded from http://
>>> mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy