Can't I make a class in a WFS layer?

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Aug 25 02:11:34 EDT 2006

You can, but you probably have to add the namespace ms: to the
attributename (ms is the default one, or any namespace you might have
configured)

Check the DescribeFeatureType response from your WFS server to be sure.

Best regards,
Bart

Myunghwa Hwang wrote:

> Hello, list!
>
> I have a WFS server and another WFS client, which are both using
> MapServer.
> In WFS client, I made a layer using data from WFS server.
> I need all attribute items, but wanna add a class based on one of the
> item.
> So, I included one class in the WFS layer, but mapserver cgi showed
> the following error:
>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
> 'ohlung_wfs'.
> msOGRLayerInitItemInfo(): OGR error. Invalid Field name: LWM68
>
> My question is why mapserver cannot find field name.
> Except wfs_filter, isn't there any method which enables class defining
> using attribute from wfs server?
>
> Another question is the same situation when I used gml file using ogr
> connection.
> I made another layer, which was based on gml from wfs server.
> In this case, mapserver also couldn't recognize field name.
> When I use gml source data, can't I make classes based on attributes?
>
> If you guys have some tips, please share them with me.
>
> Bye ..
>
> P.S:
>
> My layer definition is the following:
>
> LAYER # ohio county map from sal-dev
> NAME ohlung_wfs
> CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
> CONNECTION
> "http://sal-dev.sal.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2FLibrary%2FWebServer%2FDocuments%2Fpywebspace%2Fpywebspace_wfs_server.map"
> TYPE POLYGON
> STATUS DEFAULT
> METADATA
> "wfs_typename" "ohlung_ogr"
> "wfs_version" "1.0.0"
> "wfs_request_method" "GET"
> "wfs_connectiontimeout" "60"
> END # end of ohlung_wfs metadata
> PROJECTION
> "init=epsg:26917"
> END # end of ohlung_wfs projection
> CLASS
> NAME 'Ohio_county_wfs'
> STYLE
> COLOR 200 255 0
> OUTLINECOLOR 120 120 120
> END # end of style
> END # end of ohlung_wfs base class
> CLASS
> NAME 'LMW68 >= 1 %'
> EXPRESSION ([LWM68] >= 1)
> STYLE
> COLOR 255 0 0
> OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
> END # end of style
> END # end of class
> END # end of ohlung_wfs layer
>
>     LAYER # ohio county map from gml, which came from sal-dev
>     NAME ohlung_gml
> CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
> CONNECTION "oh_tmp2.gml"
>     #DATA "SELECT * FROM oh_tmp.gml a LEFT JOIN
> '/Users/mhwang4/Sites/PyWebSpace/out_data/SM_SR_LMW68_ohlung_Queen.dbf'.SM_SR_LMW68_ohlung_Queen
> b ON a.RECORD_ID = b.RECORD_ID"
> STATUS OFF
> TYPE POLYGON
> #JOIN
> [...]