Can't I make a class in a WFS layer?

Myunghwa Hwang mhwang4 at UIUC.EDU
Thu Aug 24 18:19:49 EDT 2006

Hello, list!

I have a WFS server and another WFS client, which are both using
MapServer.
In WFS client, I made a layer using data from WFS server.
I need all attribute items, but wanna add a class based on one of the
item.
So, I included one class in the WFS layer, but mapserver cgi showed
the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'ohlung_wfs'.
msOGRLayerInitItemInfo(): OGR error. Invalid Field name: LWM68

My question is why mapserver cannot find field name.
Except wfs_filter, isn't there any method which enables class
defining using attribute from wfs server?

Another question is the same situation when I used gml file using ogr
connection.
I made another layer, which was based on gml from wfs server.
In this case, mapserver also couldn't recognize field name.
When I use gml source data, can't I make classes based on attributes?

If you guys have some tips, please share them with me.

Bye ..

P.S:

My layer definition is the following:

LAYER # ohio county map from sal-dev
		NAME ohlung_wfs
		CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
		CONNECTION "http://sal-dev.sal.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%
2FLibrary%2FWebServer%2FDocuments%2Fpywebspace%
2Fpywebspace_wfs_server.map"
		TYPE POLYGON
		STATUS DEFAULT

		METADATA
			"wfs_typename" "ohlung_ogr"
			"wfs_version" "1.0.0"
			"wfs_request_method" "GET"
			"wfs_connectiontimeout" "60"
		END # end of ohlung_wfs metadata

		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:26917"
		END # end of ohlung_wfs projection

		CLASS
			NAME 'Ohio_county_wfs'
			STYLE
				COLOR 200 255 0
				OUTLINECOLOR 120 120 120
			END # end of style
		END # end of ohlung_wfs base class

		CLASS
			NAME 'LMW68 >= 1 %'
			EXPRESSION ([LWM68] >= 1)
			STYLE
				COLOR 255 0 0
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
			END # end of style
		END # end of class

	END # end of ohlung_wfs layer

     LAYER # ohio county map from gml, which came from sal-dev
     	NAME ohlung_gml
		CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
		CONNECTION	"oh_tmp2.gml"
     	#DATA "SELECT * FROM oh_tmp.gml a LEFT JOIN '/Users/mhwang4/
Sites/PyWebSpace/out_data/
SM_SR_LMW68_ohlung_Queen.dbf'.SM_SR_LMW68_ohlung_Queen b ON
a.RECORD_ID = b.RECORD_ID"
		STATUS OFF
		TYPE POLYGON

		#JOIN
		#	NAME 'ohgmljoin'
		#	TABLE "/Users/mhwang4/Sites/PyWebSpace/out_data/
SM_SR_LMW68_ohlung_Queen.dbf"
		#	FROM "RECORD_ID"
		#	TO "RECORD_ID"
		#	TYPE SINGLE
		#END # end of join

		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:26917"
		END # end of ohlung_gml layer projection

		#CLASS
		#	NAME 'Ohio_county_gml'
		#	STYLE
		#		COLOR 0 0 255
		#		OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
		#	END # end of ohlung_gml base class style
		#END # end of ohlung_gml base class

		CLASS
			NAME 'SR >= 0.005 %'
			EXPRESSION ([SR] >= 0.005)
			STYLE
				COLOR 255 0 0
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
			END # end of ohlung_gml test class style
		END # end of ohlung_gml test class

		#METADATA
	    # 	"wms_title"		"ohiolung_smoothed"
		#END

		#DUMP TRUE

     END
	# End of smoothing_result layer definitions