Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2 on Fedora core 5

Jason R. Moore bigj at COLUMBUS.RR.COM
Sat Aug 26 23:58:58 EDT 2006

I am running fedora core 5 and am getting "Projection library error. no
system list, errno: 2" when I try and run the tutorial with projections
(example1-6.map ).  Form suggestions in previous posts I have tried running
cs2cs -v +init=epsg:26711
to see if it works or not I got the same error when I tried to run a
version of cs2cs built form source when not running as root.  Then I
tried installing a version from an RPM which worked for booth root and
normal users.  The version of libproj is built form source and is still
giving me the error (I am guessing it is a permissions problem or
context problem). The epsg files are in /usr/local/share/proj/
# ls /usr/local/share/proj/* -Z
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/epsg
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/esri
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/GL27
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/nad27
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/nad83
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/nad.lst
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/proj_def.dat
-rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:usr_t
/usr/local/share/proj/world

Is there a RPM version of libproj out their some ware setup for Fedora
or has anyone successfully run mapserver on Fedora core 5 using projections?

Current version:
MapServer version 4.6.0-beta3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Thanks
Jason