FW: MINSCALE & MAXSCALE Units

Julian Parker julian at MAPSOLUTIONS.COM.AU
Tue Aug 29 00:44:51 EDT 2006

Greetings list,

It was my assumption that I could set UNITS as meters in a layer and
that the MIN & MAX SCALE values would utilize these units. This does not
seem to be the case - a MAXSCALE value of 12000 on one layer will have
the layer display at 3936m zoom. Another layer with a MAXSCALE of 10000
will display at 3280m zoom. The 'scale factor' equals about 3.05. How is
it that this 'scale factor' can be altered or the units used for scale
changed? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Julian Parker
Systems Analyst

Digital Mapping Solutions
Level 2, 2 Hardy Street
SOUTH PERTH WA 6151
Ph: 08 9474 6311 Fax: 08 9474 6411
Mobile: 0438 844 079
www.mapsolutions.com.au <http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/>

MapInfo Training
<http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/services/training/index.html> |
IntraMaps <http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/products/intramaps/index.html>
<http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/products/intermaps/index.html>  |
MobileMap <http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/products/mobilemap/index.html>
| News <http://www.mapsolutions.com.au/news/index.html>

Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Although every effort has been made to ensure the correctness and
integrity of attachments that may be included in this email, this can
only apply to the unaltered/uncorrupted form. A copy of the original
attachment is available from our office should you require it.

Alternately, if further verification is required please request a hard
copy version.