Mapserver - Premature end of script headers??

pj32 peterjames32 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 27 12:51:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

Im just getting started with Mapserver.

I have Mapserver binaries installed (v 4.6) on Windows (XP Pro) running
apache (2.0.53) and PHP (4.4).

When I try and run the Itasca demo IE crashes and I get the following
error:

**********************
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, some... at somewhere.com and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
**********************

When I check the server log I have the following error:

Premature end of script headers: mapserv.exe

Anyone knopw why this might be happening?  I have seen a few posts in
the past that loosely mention moving dll's from a php directory to the
mapserver directory, but there is never any reason behind doing this
and moving dll's around makes me nervous!

Any idea would be much appreciated.  To the best of my knowledge all
the individual components seem to work fine, php ok, mapserver ok (I
can get it generating images from shapefiles) but I get a nasty error
when i try and 'initialise' the itasca demo.

All help appreciated.

Pete