PostGIS case problem

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at FU-BERLIN.DE
Wed Aug 30 06:20:07 EDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Vencler wrote:
> I have one problem with mapserver and postgis.
> I have table caller Objekti_Uprave and geometry
> attribute called Geometrija.
> So the problem is whe I use followinf DATA line
> DATA '"Geometrija" FROM "Objekti_Uprave"
> mapserver can't properly query geometry_columns
> table, because it is trying to find table called
> "Objekti_Uprave" and not Objekti_Uprave. Same is
> with attribute "Geometrija" and not Geometrija.

According to my map file, I would use

DATA "Geometrija FROM Objekti_Uprave"

(without single quotes, double quotes around the whole expression). Perhaps this will work for you also...

Probably postgres will have trouble with the underscore (_). In this case, try to rename the table...

good luck,
Sebastian