Using JOIN for querying

Greg Luker gluker at SCU.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 30 19:34:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

Steve Lime said:
> Cris: JOINs exist within LAYERs but don't contain CLASSes. A
> one-to-many
> join can have a TEMPLATE defined. E.g.
>
> JOIN
>   NAME 'test'
>   TYPE ONE-TO-MANY
>   CONNECTIONTYPE CSV
>   TABLE 'test.csv'
>   FROM 'id'
>   TO '1'
>   TEMPLATE 'test.html'
> END

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to query and JOIN MySQL tables
using OGRVRT. I tried something similar to the example Steve lists above -
with a CONNECTIONTYPE OGR - but I got an error message that said something
like "msJoinConnect(): Join error. Unsupported join connection type.". Does
this mean that mapserver can't do JOINs to OGR connections?

Thanks,
Greg Luker.