Using JOIN for querying

Greg Luker gluker at SCU.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 30 23:19:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

Steve Lime said:
> Correct, supported connection types are MYSQL, CSV, POSTGRES with a
default of
> a dbf file. These joins are only useful for presenting the results of a
query and cannot
> be used for mapping- that is you can't filter or classify features based
on a joined
> dataset. OGR does have the ability to that though. In that case OGR does
the joining
> before MapServer even see's the feature.

I want to display info from a MySQL table and info from joined (related)
MySQL tables, which I have done with a join in the OGR <SrcSQL> SELECT
statement, but mode=query only returns the first record and mode=nquery
shows duplicate data, so this JOIN may be what I need, but could someone
help me with the syntax for CONNECTIONTYPE MYSQL? (I also notice that I need
to compile with --with-mysql)

Thanks,
Greg Luker.