Java Mapscript with Japanese Encoding

Mario Basa mario.basa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 31 06:17:18 EDT 2006

Hello Umberto,

As always, thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, even if I change both LANG and LC_ALL to Shift_JIS,
layer.getAttributes still can not get a match. It is only when the
shapefile is in UTF-8 and when the tomcat environment is also in UTF-8
can a match be found.

I have a funny feeling that the query value is always converted to
UTF-8 first before doing a search. Just a hunch though.

Thanks.

mario.