reading and deleting annotation features in mapscript

Mike Talbutt mike.talbutt at DOTTEDEYES.COM
Thu Aug 31 10:38:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

A quick question from a mapserver newbie

Using java mapscript I am creating annonations on a new map layer by
creating polygon features in a new layer,

when I do a query on that layer to retreive the features I have created
I am unable to get at the shape objects as the following line of code
fails

shapeObj shape2 = m_Layer.getFeature(resultMember.getShapeindex(),
resultMember.getTileindex());

, I noticed the tile index and shape index properties in the
resultCacheMemberObj object are both -1. Can someone tell me how to get
hold of the shape objects, as I need provide some sort of delete
annotation functionality, and I dont want to simply drop the entire
layer

Email has been scanned for viruses and spam by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems