reading and deleting annotation features in mapscript

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 31 11:34:51 EDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Mike Talbutt <mike.talbutt at dottedeyes.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A quick question from a mapserver newbie
>
> Using java mapscript I am creating annonations on a new map layer by
> creating polygon features in a new layer,
>
> when I do a query on that layer to retreive the features I have created I am
> unable to get at the shape objects as the following line of code fails
>
> shapeObj shape2 = m_Layer.getFeature(resultMember.getShapeindex(),
> resultMember.getTileindex());

try:

shapeObj shape2 = m_Layer.getFeature( featIndex ,-1);

and you can use featIndex to access the list where features are stored
like you would if you were accessing an array.
I don't think you even need to query the layer, just use getFeature().
Inline layers do not need to opened.

> , I noticed the tile index and shape index properties in the
> resultCacheMemberObj object are both -1. Can someone tell me how to get hold
> of the shape objects, as I need provide some sort of delete annotation
> functionality, and I dont want to simply drop the entire layer

As of deleting that is not supported.

Umberto