PHP Mapscript and WMS Server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Aug 31 11:31:04 EDT 2006

Nicol Hermann wrote:
> Bart,
> i there any working example how to use the GetMap Request with the new
> MapScript wrappers for WxS Services?
> I had no look so far using PHP Mapscript.
> Any code snippets?
> Many thanks
> Nicol

Nicol,

I have confirmed that the WxS methods have been added to PHP MapScript for
4.10; however, I neglected to add any examples of it in the WxS howto.

I've done a very very quick test with the following script which at least
seems to parse properly.  Could you try something like it and see if it works?

<?php

dl("php_mapscript.so");

$req = ms_newowsrequestobj();
$req->loadParams();

$map = ms_newMapObj( "/u/www/maps/ukpoly/ukpoly.map" );
$map->OWSDispatch( $req );

?>

If so, I'll update the howto with the example.

Best regards,