Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Using MapServer with java on Windows OS

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Mon Dec 4 07:42:16 EST 2006

Hi

I think you should add the directory, which contains the DLL-files, to
your PATH-Environment-Variable.

>set PATH=.\TestUML\;%PATH%
>java -classpath .\;.\mapscript.jar -Djava.library.path=.\TestUML\
DemoMain

Benedikt

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
04.12.2006 12:50:21:

> Dear friends,
> I am trying to run a simple demo of MapServer using Java
> on a Windows XP Professional operating system, but unsuccesfully.
>
> Is anyone working on this system and using java with MapServer,
> or knowing of any issue I should work around before going ahead?
> Below are some of the details of my test, but please ask if I missed
> something could be usefull.
>
> Thank you for any help,
> Francesco.

> I am using the package "ms4w_1.5.1.zip".
>
> The demo program is very basic:
>
> import edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapObj;
> public class DemoMain {
>   private mapObj _map = null;
>   public DemoMain() {
>     try {
>       String mapFile = "tutor.map";
>       _map = new mapObj(mapFile);
>     }
>     catch (Throwable ex) {
>       ex.printStackTrace();
>     }
>   }
>     try {
>       DemoMain test = new DemoMain();
>     } catch (Throwable ex) {
>       ex.printStackTrace();
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> Now I compiled it succesfully, then I copied the "dll" files I
identified
> as necessary starting from mapscript.dll (using "depender.exe") in the
> "TestUML" subdirectory and then run the program.
> The files in TestUML are:
> -) bgd.dll
> -) gdal13.dll
> -) geotiff.dll
> -) iconv.dll
> -) libcurl.dll
> -) libecwj2.dll
> -) libmap.dll
> -) libmysql.dll
> -) libpg.dll
> -) libtiff.dll
> -) mapscript.dll
> -) pdflib.dll
> -) proj.dll
> -) xerces-c_2_7.dll
> -) zlib1.dll
>
> The command line to run the program is:
> >java -classpath .\;.\mapscript.jar -Djava.library.path=.\TestUML\
DemoMain

> The result was:
> 1) An error window reporting that "bgd.dll" was not found
> 2) the following lines after the command line:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Demo\TestUML\mapscript.dll: Can't
find
> dependent libraries
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>         at
edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.<clinit>(mapscriptJNI.java:22)