questions about setting up SOS

John Cartwright John.C.Cartwright at NOAA.GOV
Mon Dec 11 18:28:12 EST 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to understand how to configure a mapfile to serve data out of
Oracle Spatial using Mapserver's SOS_SERVER and am a little confused
about the relationship between the sos_procedure,
sos_observedproperty_id, and sos_offering_id.

It looks like the sos_procedure and sos_observedproperty_id must be
unique to each layer in the mapfile.  So if I have a system of buoys
that each measure temperature and salinity, would I define two layers
pointing to the same spatial data and sharing the same sos_offering_id
value?

Thanks!

-- john

   LAYER