questions about setting up SOS

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Sun Dec 17 12:35:56 EST 2006

Sorry I missed this e-mail.

yes the 2 layers should be defined. Plus I think you need to define the
sos_[item name]_componenturl where item_name is the attribute name in
your data that contains the values of what is measured. So your 2 layers
should have each a sos_[item name]_componenturl pointing to the
temperature and salinity fields. Those values will be returned when
doing a GetObervation request.

Later,

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> (SOS people on the list can correct if I'm wrong...)
>
> I think they answer is yes, define 2 layers each with their own
> observedproperty_id.
>
> jeff
>

> John Cartwright wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm trying to understand how to configure a mapfile to serve data out
>> of Oracle Spatial using Mapserver's SOS_SERVER and am a little
>> confused about the relationship between the sos_procedure,
>> sos_observedproperty_id, and sos_offering_id.
>> It looks like the sos_procedure and sos_observedproperty_id must be
>> unique to each layer in the mapfile.  So if I have a system of buoys
>> that each measure temperature and salinity, would I define two layers
>> pointing to the same spatial data and sharing the same sos_offering_id
>> value?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- john
>>
>>   LAYER