set point symbol size

tom tom at GISAPPS.COM.HK
Mon Dec 11 21:39:49 EST 2006

Dear All

I would like to know whether it is possible to set point symbol size dynamically. For example, I can create a size value as a parameter and pass to mapserv.exe. Since I am not using mapscript, so are there any simple way to do that?

I have tried the mapfile as follow, it is not work and parsing error is returned, unfortunately.

LAYER
  NAME TMP
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource><OGRVRTLayer name='TMP'>
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:POINT</SrcDataSource>
  <SrcSQL>SELECT X,Y FROM TMP</SrcSQL>
<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS></LayerSRS>
<GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='x' y='y'/>
    </OGRVRTLayer></OGRVRTDataSource>"
  DATA "TMP"

  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'