Debian Linux - Mapserver and Mapscript

Mark Dieterich mdieterich at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 21 09:06:25 EST 2006

Eric,

I'd suggest you bite the bullet and install etch, their next stable
release.  Debian froze etch about a week ago and should be releasing the
final version in late December or early January.  At this point, only
important fixes are allowed in, so it's relatively stable.  The
advantage to doing this is you get a much newer version of mapserver,
which includes mapscript.  I switched over to etch on development
machines about a month ago and will be switching my production machines
over to etch during the next week.

Mark