PHP/MapScript: How to add a point as an inline feature ?

Lars V. Nielsen (Hvenegaard) LVN at HVENEGAARD.DK
Tue Feb 14 09:52:16 EST 2006

Hello list,

Using MapScript 4.5, and I've now re-read the class doc several times, but I
can't seem to find the appropriate way to add points to a layer as inline
features.

Adding features to a layer require shapeObj's. I can create a shape with
type MS_SHAPE_POINT, but can't set the coordinate values.

I can use the x and y to create a pointObj, but can't seem to find a way to
use a pointObj to create a shapeObj.

I probably missing something obvious here, but what ? Please help ....

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen
Hvenegaard A/S
Rugaardsvej 55, DK-5000 Odense C