PHP/MapScript: How to add a point as an inline feature ?

Skalski Artur - askals Artur.Skalski at ACXIOM.COM
Tue Feb 14 09:58:26 EST 2006

lokk a this code:

				$spoint = ms_newPointObj();
    				$spoint->setXY(your x, your y);

				$sline = ms_newLineObj();
    				$sline->add($spoint);

				$sshape = ms_newShapeObj(MS_SHAPE_POINT);
    				$sshape->add($sline);

				$slayer = $gpoMap->getLayerByName("selpoint");
				$slayer->addFeature($sshape);

this works for me - adds dynamic point to a layer, layer is set in mapfile, like this:

LAYER
    NAME selpoint
    TYPE POINT
    STATUS DEFAULT
	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:4326"	#lon/latwgs84
	END
   CLASS
       NAME "selpoint"
       STYLE
          SYMBOL 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\framedefs\etc\tutaj_red.gif'
       END
   END
END

is this what your looking for?

Artur Skalski

Hello list,

Using MapScript 4.5, and I've now re-read the class doc several times, but I
can't seem to find the appropriate way to add points to a layer as inline
features.

Adding features to a layer require shapeObj's. I can create a shape with
type MS_SHAPE_POINT, but can't set the coordinate values.

I can use the x and y to create a pointObj, but can't seem to find a way to
use a pointObj to create a shapeObj.

I probably missing something obvious here, but what ? Please help ....

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen
Hvenegaard A/S
Rugaardsvej 55, DK-5000 Odense C