ms4w

D. Eric Keefauver Eric.Keefauver at ALTARUM.ORG
Wed Feb 15 09:38:18 EST 2006

Hi there,

We are currently investigating Mapserver to replace our IMS sites (ESRI). I
have downloaded the ms4w package to my machine (Win.XP) and have completed
the installation. Si I have thought.
I can get Apache running and load another application (in my case Ka-Map)
and bring up its interface. In perusing a Ka-Map tutorial to get a demo
site up and running it suggests that I check the map
file using the shp2img utility. When trying to access that utility I get an
error indicating  "the application failed to start because gdal13.dll was
not found. Reinstall the application may fix the problem"
I can see that the dll in question sits in the C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin
directory. I have tried to re-install with no solve as well as running the
setenv application.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric