Scale bar

Ramesh Karra karrarm at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 17 17:19:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I would like to know how SCALEBAR object works. I would like to know if
the length of the scalebar drawn depends on the extent of the map.

When I use the following map file, the scale bar draws a line of about
2cms length and shows it as 1 inch! I feel this is not right because the
initial extent covers more than 10 inches of geographical area. What am I
missing here?

Thanks in advance
Ramesh

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT  10.3605 5.309 10.609 5.507
  SIZE           600 450
  SHAPEPATH      "/ms4w/"
  IMAGECOLOR     225 225 225
  FONTSET        "/ms4w/apps/ms101/fonts/fonts.list"
  SYMBOLSET      "c:\ms4w\symbols.sym"

  TEMPLATEPATTERN 'tm*'

  WEB
    TEMPLATE  'xxx'
    IMAGEPATH '/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/'
    IMAGEURL  '/ms_tmp/'
  END # Every object in MapServer must have an END.;)

  SCALEBAR
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    LABEL
      COLOR 200 0 0