Postgis and EXPRESSION

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Thu Feb 23 04:17:16 EST 2006

Stefan,

> So, meanwhile I have this definition:
>
>     LAYER
>         NAME bg_shape
>         CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>         CONNECTION 'user=xxx password=xxx dbname=xxx'
>         TYPE POLYGON
>         DATA 'the_geom FROM countries_regions_view USING UNIQUE id USING
> srid=-1'
>         CLASSITEM 'reg_name'

You definitely don't need a CLASSITEM when you use "logical" expressions
which directly reference some fields or attributes of your underlying
dataset, as you're doing. So, it's better to leave this one away.

>         CLASS
>             NAME ''
>                 EXPRESSION ([reg_name] ne 'Africa')

Don't forget to put quotes around [reg_name]. Aren't you trying to do a
string comparison between the value of reg_name and "Africa"? Well, then
you'll need them as Mapserver simply replaces [reg_name] with it's
actual value before evaluating the expression.
So, I suggest giving a try to somewhat like this:

EXPRESSION ('[reg_name]' ne 'Africa')

>             OUTLINECOLOR 230 230 230
>             COLOR 230 230 230
>         END
>     END
>
> and attached is a screenshot of the view.

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH
Via Buozzi/Buozzistraße 12 - I 39100 Bolzano/Bozen
email: andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
web:   www.territoriumonline.com