Problems compiling MapServer 4.8.1 on Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Feb 25 18:55:40 EST 2006

Tero Alén wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have probles compiling MapServer 4.8.1. I use the following configure
> reference to `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x4a6): undefined reference to
> `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x4c4): undefined reference to
> `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x4e2): undefined reference to
> `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x500): undefined reference to
> `OGRLineString::setPoint(int, double, double)'
> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function
> `msOGRShapeToWKT':mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xb0f): undefined reference to
> `OGR_G_SetPoint_2D'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xb5c): undefined reference to `OGR_G_AddPoint_2D'
> :mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xbe8): undefined reference to `OGR_G_AddPoint_2D'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

Tero,

This generally means you have two copies of GDAL/OGR on your system.
MapServer is getting built using the include files from one, but linked
against the libraries of another.  I would suggest you try and strip the
older GDAL/OGR off completely, or muck around with the MapServer makefile
to ensure that only one version is getting used consistently.  Basically
fiddling with the order of -I include directives and -L library paths.

Best regards,