Strange (OVF) Query Error

Tim Schaub tim at COMMENSPACE.ORG
Tue Feb 28 15:36:17 EST 2006

I've noticed similarly strange behavior when running a query on inline OVF data (also with PHP mapscript - details below).  My virtual layer reads from a table with a multi-column primary key in a MySQL database.  I get three types of funky behavior with this:

1) If I don't specify an <FID> in my inline OVF, querying works as expeced until I call $layer->close() - Apache reports "premature end of script headers" only when I try to close the queried layer.

2) If I change my primary key to an auto-numbered field and set <FID>id<FID> (where id is my auto-numbered field), I get "Unable to identify field 'id'".

3) If I set <FID>some_other_field</FID> then everything works as expected - even if the values in some_other_field are not unique.

Any ideas?
Tim

Details:

MapServer 4.6.1
GDAL/OGR 1.2.6
PHP 5.0.5

Mapfile snipit (this is the only version that works):

	CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>
			<OGRVRTLayer name='survey_locations'>
				<SrcDataSource>MySQL:DB,user=user,password=pass,tables=geog</SrcDataSource>
				<SrcLayer>geog</SrcLayer>
				<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
				<LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
				<GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='lon' y='lat'/>
				<FID>non_unique_field</FID>
			</OGRVRTLayer>
		</OGRVRTDataSource>"
	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

mysql> describe geog;
+----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field    | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| id       | int(11)      |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| regionid | char(3)      |      | MUL |         |                |
| geogid   | int(8)       |      |     | 0       |                |
| geog     | varchar(100) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| lat      | float        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| lon      | float        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |