layer grouping

Laura Díaz laura.diaz at IVER.ES
Wed Jan 11 03:46:20 EST 2006

Hi there,
i am trying to configure some available layers in mapserver, i would like to group some
of them, i found no problem creating just one grouping level:
<Layer>
	<Layer>
	</Layer>
	<Layer>
	</Layer>
</Layer>
for this i just add the TAG GROUP to the layers i want to group, the problem comes
when i want to configure two or more levels like this:
<Layer>
	<Layer>
		<Layer>
		</Layer>
	</Layer>
	<Layer>
	</Layer>
</Layer>
My problem comes because the layer that groups a set of layers is not a layer itself so i
cant make a reference to it, if i create a layer as a LAYER to be the GROUP of some
sublayers, then this layer appears two times in the capabilities.
any ideas to create this second level of layer grouping??
here part of the layers definition on my map file:

#LAYER
#  NAME ProtectedAreas
#  METADATA
#    "wms_title" "Protected Areas"
#  END
#  STATUS OFF
#  TYPE ANNOTATION
#END

LAYER
  NAME zepa
  GROUP ProtectedAreas
  METADATA
    "wms_title" "Zepa zones"
    "wms_group_title" "Protected Areas"
    gml_include_items "all"
  END
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POLYGON
      DUMP TRUE
      PROJECTION
      	"init=epsg:23030"
      END
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      CONNECTION "user=***** password=***** dbname=costas host=192.168.0.0"
      DATA "the_geom from (select * from zepa) as foo using unique gid = using
SRID=23030"
  TOLERANCE 3
  CLASS
    NAME "zepa"
    TEMPLATE 'gmap/htdocs/templates/popplace.html'
    COLOR 0 240 240
    OUTLINECOLOR 199 199 199
  END
END

LAYER
  NAME mreservas
  GROUP ProtectedAreas
  METADATA
    "wms_title" "Microreservas"
    gml_include_items "all"
  END
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POLYGON
      DUMP TRUE
      PROJECTION
      	"init=epsg:23030"
      END
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      CONNECTION "user=***** password=***** dbname=costas host=192.168.0.0"
      DATA "the_geom from (select * from mreservas) as foo using unique gid = using
SRID=23030"
  TOLERANCE 3
  CLASS
    NAME "mreservas"
    TEMPLATE 'gmap/htdocs/templates/popplace.html'
    COLOR 0 240 240
    OUTLINECOLOR 199 199 199
  END
END