Problem in Oracle Spatial Connection - Empty Image

Ruiter E. de (Erik) E.Ruiter at ARCADIS.NL
Wed Jan 11 11:08:53 EST 2006

Hi,

you should place the dll's in /ms4w/apache/cgi-bin directory overwriting
when necessary. About the proj.dll I'm not sure but I placed it in
cgi-bin as wel as in the proj directory.
It works for me...

Also I have copied (I read somewhere this is needed) the proj directory
placing it my root (C:), again, I'm not sure this is needed...

good luck!

Erik.

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Prema Selvam (sent by Nabble.com)
Sent: woensdag 11 januari 2006 16:51
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem in Oracle Spatial Connection
- Empty Image

Hi,
 Thanks,
 When i run the mapserv.exe in the command mode as mapserv - v i found
that there is no support for the Oracle Spatial as given below

C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin>mapserv -v

MapServer version 4.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPO
RTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT
=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

 I downloaded the  arcadis.zip  from http://www.osgis.nl/arcadis.zip as
per your suggestion

 when i unzipped i found the following files (7 files) in alphabetical
order

   1. bgd.dll
   2. gdal13.dll
   3. libmap.dll
   4. mapserv.exe
   5. msvcp80.dll
   6. msvcr80.dll
   7. proj.dll

 When i run the downloaded mapserv.exe in the command mode as mapserv -
v i found support for the Oracle Spatial in INPUT

C:\MapServer\arcadis>mapserv -v

MapServer version 4.8.0-rc1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT
=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUP
PORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=
MSDEBUG

 Now my Question is where i need to put all the 7 files which i
downloaded, whether i need to overwrite the existing with new file.

 And proj.dll file was not in the ..\apache\cgi-bin folder it was in the
..\ms4w\proj whether i need to ovewrite that file also or i need to put
the new proj.dll in the ..\apache\cgi-bin .

 And there are four new files which is

   bgd.dll
   libmap.dll
   msvcp80.dll
   msvcr80.dll

 where i need to put all these four files and the remaining three files.

 Please give me a some solution

 Waiting for the reply.

 Thanks & Regards,
 Prema Selvam.

Empty Image
<http://www.nabble.com/Problem-in-Oracle-Spatial-Connection---Empty-Imag
e-t888093.html#a2321776>
Sent from the Mapserver - User
<http://www.nabble.com/Mapserver---User-f1215.html>  forum at
Nabble.com.

[DISCLAIMER]

Dit e-mail bericht is vertrouwelijk. Het is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent, verzoeken we u dringend ons direct te informeren en om dit bericht en eventuele bijlage(n) te verwijderen, zonder het te kopieren, door te zenden of op enige andere wijze te openbaren of te gebruiken. ARCADIS is niet aansprakelijk voor welke schade dan ook als gevolg van communicatie per e-mail en verzending van documenten en gegevens.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only.
If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify us immediately and delete this e-mail, and any attachment(s), without copying, forwarding, disclosing or using it in any other way. ARCADIS will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data or documents.